Maintaining Your Lifestyle
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Divorce
  4.  » Maintaining Your Lifestyle

Keeping Your Finances Stable After A Divorce

In your marriage, you grew accustomed to a certain lifestyle. Now that you and your spouse are divorcing, you worry that you and your children may have to adjust to a lower standard of living. You can take steps to protect your way of life, but this requires the legal knowledge of an experienced attorney.

At Laura Robbins Law, L.L.C., our divorce lawyers have over a decade of experience helping clients maintain their financial standing and lifestyle following a split. We understand the importance of keeping financial stability during a time that can feel very unstable. If you stand to lose money in a divorce, we will work to protect your finances. If you need monetary support, we will attempt to obtain the spousal support or alimony that you need.

Do Courts In Pennsylvania Care About Lifestyle Maintenance?

You probably fear that in divorce court, the judge will disregard your marital lifestyle. Fortunately, when issuing decisions regarding spousal maintenance, financial support or the division of assets, Pennsylvania courts do consider the standard of living each spouse experienced during the marriage. The court will consider factors such as:

  • Money spent on the marital residence and other assets
  • The assets and property available for division
  • Whether one spouse is eligible for support or alimony

The lawyers at Laura Robbins Law, L.L.C., can help you determine the best divorce method to keep your finances intact and get the outcome you desire. This may include private negotiation or a divorce trial. Although we are known as strong litigation attorneys, we can also work to negotiate a favorable settlement with your partner.

Work With Attorneys Who Can Help Resolve Your Money Matters

You do not need to carry the financial stress of a divorce alone. Our attorneys understand your financial concerns, so we provide initial consultations at our location in State College. Request your appointment by contacting us today. Call 814-753-4625 or send the firm an email.