Helping You Resolve Tough Child Custody Issues
Child custody is one of the most heavily and repeatedly litigated areas of law. Parents and grandparents place a high value on their relationship with, and the treatment of, their children or grandchildren. Since this area of law is so emotional for many clients, it is important to hire an experienced and professional lawyer who truly understands custody issues to handle your case.
Pennsylvania’s Child Custody Act, impacting cases filed after Jan. 24, 2011, ushered in sweeping changes to how the commonwealth handles child custody cases. Areas of custody that were affected include relocation, grandparent standing, procedures for dealing with criminal convictions and charges, parenting plans, guardian ad litem, child custody presumptions and others.
Child Custody Questions A Family Law Attorney Can Answer
At Laura Robbins Law, L.L.C., our attorneys can answer family questions such as these, as well as many others:
- If I move, will that hurt my chances of keeping custody of my children?
- Is the fact that my spouse physically abused me relevant when I want custody of our children?
- My ex tells me she is moving with our children. Is there anything I can do?
- My ex-girlfriend is now telling me that our baby isn’t mine. Can I do anything to get visitation?
- My grandchildren are being abused and neglected. Is there anything I can do to stop this?
Understanding the law around custody situations is the first step in working out a plan that’s best for the children involved.