Jump To Navigation


Landlords, are you preparing to evict a residential tenant?

Many landlords who have not yet gone through an eviction hearing hold the belief that if necessary, evicting a tenant is as simple as filing the paperwork at the District Justice and attending the hearing. This is not true - there are many laws and procedures in place to protect a tenant's rights through the eviction process. If proper eviction procedures are not followed, an eviction can and will be denied by the District Justice. A denied eviction can cost you, the landlord, a lot of money.

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Do I know how much, if any, notice I should give a tenant before filing an eviction at the District Justice?

2. Do I have any obligations to my tenant that are not expressly written in the lease? If so, what are they?

3. Can I change the locks on the rental unit if my tenant does not pay the rent?

4. After I receive an eviction judgment in my favor, when and how can I force my tenant out if my tenant refuses to leave?

5. The District Justice not only evicted my tenant, but also gave me a money judgment. Now what?

6. My tenant moved out and provided no forwarding address. Can I keep their security deposit?

If you do not know the answers to these questions, or if you have other landlord/tenant questions, call Laura Robbins Law, LLC at (814) 753-4625. I can provide the legal knowledge you need for your residential landlord/tenant matters. Specifically, I can provide you with a consultation, document review, and legal representation. Knowing your rights and obligations is an excellent way to maintain a good reputation as a landlord, and an excellent way to learn how to manage a tenant who refuses to abide by the terms and conditions of your lease.

Do You Have A Case?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.